Friday 1 May 2015

Dewey decimal system project



·      Title: Dewey decimal system project

·      Apparatus: Pen, Paper, Stainless Steel Lock Wire, Two empty biros, A pair of pliers

·      Method: I went to the library, took a piece of paper and wrote down my first name. I then turned my name into a numerical value using the system of numerology where numbers over ten are combined. So my mine was ROY – 181.525.Then took mine number to find a shelf and row of books with that number on. I couldn’t find the exact number but I found a very close one, which was 181.400. Then using my dowsing apparatus I choose three books. I couldn’t borrow two of the books so I read bits and took pictures of a page from one of each these books. I then went on to borrow the their book which I took home and read a bit.
·      Result: These are the books that came up:
           I.         FROM EAST TO WEST Odyssey of the soul: by ROY BHASKAR
         II.         ARABIC THOUGHT IN THE LIBERAL AGE 1798-1939: by ALBERT HOURANI
       III.         PHILOSOPHY OF INDIA: by HEINRICH ZIMMER (1952)

·      Conclusion: After I have read some of the passages from the books I came to a decision to base my drawing on reincarnation of the soul. Since the three books are about philosophy a of a culture, thoughts of a past generation (age) and spirituality and reincarnation of the soul throughout history.

Roy Bempong 

When making my image i found out the drawing has made an interesting mark on the back, so i decided to put it here
These are some of the books i choose:










No comments:

Post a Comment