Sunday 7 December 2014

MANIFESTO


ONE DRAWING AT A TIME 
 From an early age I have always enjoyed Art. As a child I spent most of my time drawing in my schoolbooks and on any surface I could. I remember drawing from books, magazines, comic strips and some of my favourite characters from the cartoon network shows. I have then since kept on drawing. 
    Growing up, I never had an idea of what I will do in life but I knew it will have something to do with drawing. I enjoy drawing because it allows me to create images the way I see them and in a way bring life to them. I have always wanted to refine my drawing and artistic skills and also to further my knowledge in art. I felt I need to learn more about art to develop my skills further. Which will then help me to express my imaginative thoughts and myself as well. 
     As Leonardo Da Vinci said “The artist ought first to exercise his hand by copying drawings from the hand of a good master. And having acquired that practice, under the criticism of his master, he should next practise drawing objects in relief of a good style, following the rules, which will presently be given.
     I choose to get in to illustrations because Gustave Doré inspired me and also I see it as a great way to capture a person's imagination and inspire them. The artist I admire most is Leonardo Da Vinci and recently Gustave Doré, especially his work on paradise lost by poet John Milton. Leonardo is my favourite artist and someone I aspire to be like. I am not only fascinated by his work but also his life. I find it very inspiring. 
     Every time he encountered an obstacle, He overcome them by not giving up but sees them as a challenge. He once said, “So what I can’t go to university, they don’t know everything anyway. I would rather learn from nature and from experience than some boring professor.”       
     I think their work (Da Vinci and Doré) inspired me to choose illustration and I also think I can learn more from illustration and apply what I have learnt to my work to create my own masterpiece. I came to this world with a pencil in my hand and ready to take on the challenges of this world with one drawing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment